THIS IS THE CORRESPONDENCE WITH THE STATE OF TEXAS DHHS

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 | By arlene | No Comments

From: arlene-mullin@dialysisadvocates.com [mailto:arlene-mullin@dialysisadvocates.com]
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2012 1:06 PM
To: Russell, Crystal (CMS/CQISCO)
Cc: carl ginsburg
Subject: RE: Omni Davita unit in Houston

Crystal,

It appears that you are reluctant to help with this issue. It is standard policy that the person making the complaint receives the 2567’s. So if I am understanding correctly, I have to go through the public information act?
Since when did this change? Does that apply to the patient that was dismissed receiving a copy?

I am hoping that CMS is taking this complaint serious. It has almost cost a woman her life.I am hoping that I will be looking for my complaint number on this new complaint.

Arlene Mullin-Tinker
www.dialysisadvocates.com

——– Original Message ——–

Subject: RE: Omni Davita unit in Houston
From: “Russell, Crystal (CMS/CQISCO)”
Date: Mon, September 10, 2012 9:59 am
To: “arlene-mullin@dialysisadvocates.com”
, “Waldron, Patrick (DSHS)”
, “Wolfe, Daniel (HHS/OGC)”

Cc: Chris Reynolds , “Adams, Pamela
(DSHS)” , “btinker@msn.com”

Ms. Mullin-Lane:

It is my understanding from the emails that you were provide directions on how to request the information. There are specific rules that must be follow-up when requesting information. Please follow the instructions provided.

Regards,
Dr. Russell

Sent: Monday, September 10, 2012 12:55 PM
To: Russell, Crystal (CMS/CQISCO); Waldron, Patrick (DSHS); Wolfe, Daniel (HHS/OGC)
Cc: Chris Reynolds; Adams, Pamela (DSHS); btinker@msn.com
Subject: RE: Omni Davita unit in Houston

Crystal,

Then why the reluctance for the 2567’s?

Why is it allowed to continue? It appears it is business as usual.

Arlene Mullin-Tinker
www.dialysisadvocates.com

——– Original Message ——–
Subject: RE: Omni Davita unit in Houston
From: “Russell, Crystal (CMS/CQISCO)”
Date: Mon, September 10, 2012 9:30 am
To: “arlene-mullin@dialysisadvocates.com”
, “Waldron, Patrick (DSHS)”
, “Wolfe, Daniel (HHS/OGC)”

Cc: Chris Reynolds , “Adams, Pamela
(DSHS)” , “btinker@msn.com”

I am confirming a complete investigation was completed.

Regards,
Dr. Russell

Sent: Monday, September 10, 2012 12:13 PM
To: Waldron, Patrick (DSHS); Wolfe, Daniel (HHS/OGC); Russell, Crystal (CMS/CQISCO)
Cc: Chris Reynolds; Adams, Pamela (DSHS); btinker@msn.com
Subject: RE: Omni Davita unit in Houston

Ms. Adams,

It appears that once again I am sent down the road of avoidance. I gave Mr. Waldron the number already. This clinic has been turned in by staff, patients and myself. In April, CMS Dr. Russell was also involved with my complaint.

To be truthful, I would not be surprised if the complaint was never done, and was just a CMS call the Kent Thiry which is the CEO of Davita.

It appears that the followup of one of the patients should of been done, to date neither patient has heard of the results. The staff member also has had no response from the State of Texas. One patient was dismissed due to contacting you with a Police officer to boot. He was wheeled out of the clinic.

I have already put in another complaint through Mr. Waldren and Ms. Adams.

This is what is turned in before and now. It has not cleaned up in the slightest. It is sad that the patients have been at risk since before March and nothing has changed. I have 12 patients that are fearful and still we are playing the email game.

-heart attacks in clinic. I am seeing a trend of clinics not calling 911. Patients do the calling
-leaky machines are still used on patients. What is leaking, leaves room for something to come in.
-infections, causing loss of grafts
-no training theory, just how to stick a life line (graft), causing many patients harm and extra surgery’s and losing places to put the grafts.
-infections
-dializers that have been circulating for hours. Which is against manufacturers labels.
-fertile fields conducive for infections, as cockroaches and gnats are present in clinic.
-patients being called into meetings and not allowing an advocate. which is ESRD conditions and policy. Davita hiding behind the HIPPA and HTML..I dont think abuse is covered.
-Having a patient provide proof that they are harmed. And told by Mr. Waldron that I must be lying. Wanting records and proof that FMC did not steal Davita’s patient. That Davita has to allow her to transfer. What kind of nonsense is this?
-the smallest and cheapest dialyizer possible, causing many patients Nationwide and in your State to not get enough dialysis. Causing at times to have the patients go into the hospital.

You know The charts are at the clinic. I think that is why you have inspections. I am not sure that reviewing charts in an office, is the same as “boots on the ground”. If the inspection has not been done, which I think is what has happened. Then that is why I am not receiving the report.

You are accountable for the safety and lack of safety of your patients. This once again is my formal complaint. Hopefully you will take it seriously. It has been 4 individuals that have reported the clinic.

Respectfully

Arlene Mullin-Tinker
www.dialysisadvocates.com

——– Original Message ——–
Subject: RE: Omni Davita unit in Houston
From: “Waldron,Patrick (DSHS)”
Date: Mon, September 10, 2012 6:36 am
To: “‘arlene-mullin@dialysisadvocates.com'”
, “Daniel (HHS/OGC) Wolfe”
, CMS
Cc: Chris Reynolds ,
“Adams,Pamela (DSHS)”
Ms. Mullin

There is a process in the State of Texas for release of information, and any release goes through this process. You will need to write the disclosure officer for our department, Ms. Pamela Adams. I have taken the liberty of cc-ing her on this message.

Patrick Waldron, M.Ed., LMSW
Manager – Austin Group
Health Facility Compliance
Patient Quality Care Unit

512/834-6650 , extension 2625
Fax: 512/834-6653

Sent: Saturday, September 08, 2012 6:34 PM
To: Waldron,Patrick (DSHS); Daniel (HHS/OGC) Wolfe; CMS
Cc: Chris Reynolds
Subject: RE: Omni Davita unit in Houston

Mr. Waldron,

You never sent me a letter. CMS was involved with this complaint. I am asking you to please send me the 2567’2 for the inspection of the Omni Davita Clinic in Houston. You have received many complaints and to date it is business as usual in this clinic. Another complaint was given last week and nothing is being done, again. You probably have lots of numbers, but would appreciate the one when you did the inspection.

Dr. Russell, we had conversations on this clinic. You stated that you talked to Corporate Davita and issues were addressed/ Was an inspection even done? If not, then I am requesting one as a private citizen and as the patients Advocate. You have the form.

I gave you the number, then I hear nothing. Dr. Russell and Mr. Wolfe, silence is not cutting it. The State needs to go in and the State tipped off the Networks and the clinic has been waiting for you. Not I.

Respectfully

Arlene Mullin-Tinker
WWW.DIALYSISADVOCATES.COM

——– Original Message ——–
Subject: RE: Omni Davita unit in Houston
From: “Waldron,Patrick (DSHS)”
Date: Wed, August 29, 2012 10:07 am
To: “‘arlene-mullin@dialysisadvocates.com'”

I still need the complaint #. If you were identified as the complainant, you would have received a letter with the complaint number in it.

Patrick Waldron, M.Ed., LMSW
Manager – Austin Group
Health Facility Compliance
Patient Quality Care Unit

512/834-6650 , extension 2625
Fax: 512/834-6653

Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 10:22 AM
To: Waldron,Patrick (DSHS)
THE INSPECTION THAT WAS DONE WAS FOR OUR OTHER PATIENT THAT WAS DISMISSED. CMS ONCE AGAIN DOES NOTHING